2016 Hyundai Sonata vs. 2016 Honda Accord
2016 Hyundai Sonata
2016 Honda Accord
If you’re looking for an affordable midsize car in the Fort McMurray, Edmonton, and Cold Lake area, you’re probably trying to decide between a 2016 Hyundai Sonata and a 2016 Honda Accord. Which one of these is right for you? River City Hyundai is pleased to offer you this guide to the differences in the pricing and warranty, features, safety measures, and dimensions of the Sonata and Accord.
Pricing and Warranty
The 2016 Hyundai Sonata has a starting price of just $23,999 for the base GL trim level. The Sport trim level, which includes a stronger engine, starts at just $28,399. The fully loaded Ultimate trim, which comes with the strong powertrain and all the features you want, starts at just $34,799.
The 2016 Honda Accord starts at $25,986 for the base LX trim level. The Sport trim starts at $28,526. The fully loaded Touring V6 trim level starts at an incredible $37,626, nearly $3,000 more than the similar level of the Sonata.
In addition, the Sonata has a decidedly better warranty. The 2016 Hyundai Sonata’s basic 5-year warranty lasts for up to 60,000 miles. That’s 2 years more than the 2016 Honda Accord’s 3-year warranty that lasts for just 36,000 miles. The Sonata also comes with a drivetrain warranty that lasts for 10 years or up to 100,000 miles, whereas the Accord’s warranty is half that with just 5 years or 60,000 miles of service.
The 2016 Hyundai Sonata includes plenty of features that are pricey extras on the 2016 Honda Accord, or features that just aren’t available on the Accord at all. Some of these features include:
- Hands-free calling with voice commands and Bluetooth streaming audio
- In-vehicle destination guidance with GPS real-time turn-by-turn navigation
- Free roadside assistance from Hyundai and associated dealerships and garages
The 2016 Hyundai Sonata has crucial safety features that have been left off of the 2016 Honda Accord, making the Sonata a safer and more secure car. Here’s what you’ll get with the Sonata:
- Emergency services via Hyundai Blue Link telematics, which lets you contact an operator at any time for a direct line to local first responders
- Airbag deployment notification, which sends an alert to Blue Link emergency services when airbags deploy in a crash
- Stolen vehicle tracking and assistance, which lets law enforcement track a vehicle that has been stolen
- Vehicle alarm notification, which alerts you when your vehicle’s alarm security system is tripped
The 2016 Hyundai Sonata has much more front head room than the 2016 Honda Accord. It also boasts significantly more front leg room, rear hip room, and rear head room. In fact, the interior volume is a 122.4 cubic feet measurement to the Accord’s mere 116 cubic feet. That’s six more feet of space you’ll get in the Accord! You’ll also get an impressive 16.3 cubic feet of cargo space in the Sonata, as opposed to the Accord’s 15.5 cubic feet of cargo space.
Get Your Sonata Today
Are you ready to purchase your 2016 Hyundai Sonata? Get it today at River City Hyundai! You can call us at (780) 371-3726 or come see us at 13815 Manning Dr NW, Edmonton.