Checklist for Buying a Used Car
Edmonton drivers shouldn’t have to invest their hard-earned money in a used vehicle before doing their research. Take a look at our used car buying tips from River City Hyundai.
1. Decide what kind of car you need.
Are you hauling around a big family? A crossover or minivan might be a good pick. Trying to save money at the pump? Check out hybrid or compact cars. Looking for an affordable way to get premium features? A used luxury car might be a good choice.
2. Research different models.
Go to Kelley Blue Book, Edmunds, Cars Dot Com, or a similar auto reviewing site to check out the reliability of different models, and see what consumers think about the models you’re interested in getting.
3. Go to a trusted seller.
It can be tempting to try to save a few bucks by buying a car on Craigslist or in the newspaper, but it’s a better idea to go to a trusted dealership with a solid reputation to make sure you’re getting a vehicle that’s going to last.
4. Get a vehicle history report.
Vehicle history reports give you a detailed description of the vehicle’s history, including:
- Previous owners Maintenance
- Vehicle customization
5. Take a test drive and check for issues.
Take the car for a test drive around Fort McMurray or Edmonton. make sure to keep an eye and ear out for any issues, including:
- Vibrations and noises
- Fluid check (oil, brake, transmission, power steering)
- Electronics (infotainment system, speakers, volume control, power windows and doors)